Monday, April 6, 2009

\ˈner-ə-ti-ˌvȯr\

narrativor

One entry found.

Main Entry:
nar·ra·ti·vor
Pronunciation:
\ˈner-ə-ti-ˌvȯr\
Function:
noun
Date:
2009
1: someone who subsists on stories


***

OK, I actually stole the concept of the word from author Patrick Rothfuss. He referred to himself as a "narratavore" in an interview in the summer of 2007. I love the concept, but I take some issue with his spelling. Also, he already has a blog and he's a working author, so I don't feel too bad about borrowing the idea.

Basically, I love stories. I read all kinds of books. I go to the movie theater so often that some of the employees recognize me. TiVo allows me to watch an embarrassing amount of television. That brings us to Netflix. Ah, Netflix. I've avoided your siren song for a decade now. That chapter has closed. I tell myself maybe I'll go to the theater less frequently now, but I think I'm just trying to fool myself.

I don't think my life is all that interesting, but I come across a bevy of fascinating stories during my weekly grazing. That's why you should read this blog (theoretically). I'll tell you what I think after I watch a movie, or read a book, or...see a play? Maybe? If something interesting does actually happen to me, I may through that in, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment