Monday, April 6, 2009

Review style

I'm not a really harsh reviewer by nature. Sometimes something just really gets my goat and I'll rampage, but for the most part I have four classifications for stories.

1. Shelf-worthy - Basically, I liked it so much that I want to plunk down the cash for the Blu-Ray or the hardcover.

2. Entertaining - This means I was entertained. Clever title right? Maybe it was a cool story, or the graphics were awesome, or it has one or two really great sequences. I'm glad I spent the time/money on it, and I think you might have fun with it given the opportunity.

3. Significant - This means that I'm glad I experienced it, but it wasn't much fun and I'd just as soon never experience it again. This category is full of Oscar-winning movies and books you were assigned to read by some teacher at some point in your life.

4. Junk - Have you ever said to yourself or your friends "Well, I'll never get that 2 hours back" and been 100% sincere? I mean, you really wish you had been re-shingling your roof in August rather than watching that movie or attempting to read that book. That's this category. It wasn't pleasant. It wasn't relevant. It was junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment